SUPERINTENDENT OF ROADS, JOB GRADE KFS 9- REF KFS/SR/2022 ONE (1) POST (PERMANENT & PENSIONABLE)
a) Job Specification
An officer at this level shall report to Head Engineering.
b) Duties and responsibilities;
- To supervise maintenance forest Roads and construction of new structures such bridges and culverts in areas of jurisdiction.
- To support and complement the Engineer hence provide a wide range of maintenance of civil works
- Coordinate and supervise road works and construction/ maintenance of bridges within jurisdiction of the road unit
- Supervise selection of suitable construction materials for road works.
- Supervise the construction fleet of equipment, plant and vehicles deployed at road units.
- Supervise all staff stationed at construction site(s) such as overseers, senior, inspectors, plant operators, drivers and artisans
- Ensure vehicles, plant and equipment are well serviced and maintained.
- Ensure safety of equipment and personnel in construction sites.
- Ensure professional standards and undertake quality control in road units.
- Co-ordinate procurement of materials, fuels, oils and tools garages.
- Compile work progress reports.
- Assist the Engineer in preparation of work programs
- Prepare civil designs, drawings and specifications.
- Make cost estimates for all civil projects.
- Arrange for material testing
- Ensure safety of equipment and personnel in roads unit
- Ensure correct standards are maintained in road works
- Inspect and certify all road works upon completion
- Prepare stores, tools, equipment, vehicles and plant ledgers.
- Promote public values and principles
- Mentoring and coaching
c) Person specification
- Diploma Civil Engineering from a recognized Institution
- Three (3) Years Working Experience
- Proficiency in computer applications