SENIOR ICT OFFICER, JOB GRADE KFS 6- REF KFS/SIO/2022 ONE (1) – POST (PERMANENT & PENSIONABLE)
a) Job Specifications
An Officer at this level will work under supervision of System Management & Development Officer.
b) Duties and responsibilities
- Undertake system design, development, testing of application programs as per set standards and policies;
- Installing, configuring and maintaining computer applications on ICT equipment (new/existing);
- Providing end user support and training users on effective and efficient use of ICT facilities;
- Work closely with user departments and undertake systems analysis of user requirements, design, implement, and support implemented ICT system changes, configurations and enhancements;
- Carrying out repairs and maintenance of ICT equipment and associated peripherals;
- Preparing hardware specifications for ICT equipment;
- verifying, validating and certifying ICT new equipment;
- Maintaining up to date ICT equipment inventory and issuance register;
- Installing, configuring, maintaining and monitoring Local Area Network components;
- Administering and managing users in the Active Directory, e-mail server and User applications;
- Updating and maintaining the KFS website;
- Ensuring Business continuity by performing regular data and application backups.
- Logging user problems, document solutions after resolving them;
- Preparing preventive maintenance schedule for ICT equipment and software; and
- Ensuring renewal of applications are in line with the renewal schedules.
- Promote public values and principles
- Mentoring and coaching
c) Person Specifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following fields: Information Technology, Computer Science, Business IT, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering or other relevant and equivalent qualifications from a recognized Institution
- Served for at least five (5) years in a relevant position
- Oracle developer programming (Forms and reports),PL/SQL
- Oracle database administration (DBA) certification
- Oracle techno-functional certification
- Unix/Linux training/certifications
- Experience in mobile applications development tools like Java/Java scripts,C/C++,PHP/Laravel ,Python, Perl,CSS/HTML,
- Certifications in Cisco Certified Network Administrator (CCNA), Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP), MCSE qualifications or equivalent qualifications
- Membership in good standing of the relevant recognized professional body
- Proficiency in Computer applications.