RECORDS MANAGEMENT OFFICER II, JOB GRADE KFS 8- REF KFS/RMOII/2022 ONE (1) POST (PERMANENT & PENSIONABLE)
a) Job Specifications
An officer at this level shall report to Head Registries.
b) Duties and responsibilities
- Ensuring security of information, documents, files and office equipment
- Supervision of the registry; sorting and classifying documents for filing.
- Storage, updating and maintenance of personnel records and file index
- Controlling opening of open, confidential and secret files
- Custody and Maintenance of KFS documents; ensuring security of information and Records in a registry/archives.
- Ensuring mail are received, sorted, opened, and dispatched and related registers are maintained
- Planning appropriate office accommodation for registries;
- Ensuring that file movement records are. Updated and maintained; overseeing security of files and documents;
- Ensuring receipt and proper dispatch of mails and maintaining related
- Digitizing KFS documents for circulation and archiving.
- Promote public values and principles
- Mentoring and coaching
c.) Person Specifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following disciplines: – Information Science Management, Records Management or any of the Social Sciences plus a Certificate in Records Management/Information Management or other relevant and equivalent qualifications from a recognized Institution;
- Proficiency in Computer applications