LEGAL OFFICER I, KFS GRADE 7- REF KFS/LOI/2022 ONE (1) POST (PERMANENT & PENSIONABLE)
a) Job Specification
This is the entry and induction grade for the Legal Officers cadre. An officer at this level shall report to Head Legal Services.
b) Duties and Responsibilities
- Providing legal advice to the Service to ensure implementation of best legal approach
- Drawing up and submitting contracts, agreements and other legal documents
- Preparing the department’s budget and expenditure
- Prepare quarterly legal reports
- Undertake legal research to ensure that the Service is acting in accordance with applicable law.
- Attend court proceedings
- Preparing Board resolutions, action plans, Board reports and Board minutes
- Liaising with external lawyers on all cases files against the Service to ensure instructions, witnesses and statements are procured on time
- Working with external lawyers to initiate Law suits, formulate defense, gather evidence in legal proceedings involving the Service
- Representing the Service in litigation matters
- Responsible for the Legal Assistants in a given section.
- In charge legal registry
- Oversee verification compiled records for accuracy;
- Process legal transactions;
- Ensure maintenance of efficient filing system; and keep legal records safe.
- Promote public values and principles
- Mentoring and coaching
c) Job Specifications
- Degree in law, or any other relevant and equivalent qualifications from a recognized Institution.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Law from the Kenya School of Law.
- Advocate of the High court of Kenya
- Member of Law Society of Kenya (LSK)
- Proficiency in Computer application