COOK II, JOB GRADE KFS 12- REF KFS/CKII/2022 TWO (2) POST (PERMANENT & PENSIONABLE)
a) Job Specification
The officer in this Cadre shall report to Head Cook.
b) Duties& responsibilities
- Preparation and cooking of foods following standard practices and procedures
- Observing high standards of personal, food and kitchen hygiene.
- Cleaning the stores and arrange.
- Cleaning all kitchen equipment after use and store them appropriately.
- Reporting defects of equipment.
- Cleaning the kitchen floors and surfaces as per the set standards.
- Preparing and cook a variety of food for meal service following standard practices and procedures;
- Assembling foods supplies and equipment for daily food preparation;
- Setting up and prepare equipment for use in food preparation; and adhere to standardized recipes.
- Setting up and directing placement of hot foods in serving line and replenishing as necessary and assisting in care and maintenance of work areas, supplies and equipment.
- Promote public values and principles
- Mentoring and Coaching
c) Person Specification
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) mean grade D (plain)
- Certificate in Food and Beverage Service from a recognized training institution.
- Be certified medically fit.
- Proficiency in Computer applications