PLANT OPERATOR III, JOB GRADE KFS 12- REF KFS/POIII/2022 THREE (3) POSTS (PERMANENT & PENSIONABLE)
a) Job Specification
An officer at this level shall report to Transport officer/Relevant Engineering Officer.
b) Duties and responsibilities
- Operate machines of ‘difficult rating’ C;
- Assist in machine attendants to identify possible breakdowns;
- Liaise with mechanics for servicing;
- Make daily and weekly oil checks; and
- Maintain cleanliness of the plant.
- Promote public values and principles
- Mentoring and coaching
c) Person Specifications
- Have a Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) mean Grade ‘D’ plain
- Passed the Suitability Test for Plant Operators Grade III.
- Possess a valid driving license free from current endorsements for classes of machine(s) that one may be required to operate.
- Be able to operate at least two (2) Plants of ‘difficult rating’ C.
- Have attended a First-Aid Certificate Course lasting not less than one (1) week from St. John Ambulance or the Kenya Institute of Highway and Building Technology (KIHBT) or any other recognized Institution.
- Valid certificate of good conduct.
- Proficiency in Computer applications