Kenya Forestry College (KFC) was established in 1957 as Forestry Training School, Londiani. The school offered a two-year long course in forestry for Forest Rangers. At independence, a one year advanced forestry course was introduced with a purpose of upgrading the serving Forest Rangers. Successful ones were deployed to take up positions held by expatriate foresters.
In 1970, the advanced course became the current One-year In-service Diploma course in forestry. In 1971, the long course was converted into a two-year Certificate Course in forestry for Forest Assistants. Both the Diploma and Certificate courses run to-date.