To be an internationally recognized organisation for excellence in knowledge-based sustainable forest resources management and conservation.
Conservation, sustainable development, management and utilisation of the country’s forest resources for equitable benefit of present and future generations.
The overall goal of this Strategic Plan is to increase the national forest cover by 1% in the next three years.
- Increase net forest cover
- Strengthen financial base
- Enhance conseravtion, sustainable management and utilisation of forests by improving livelihoods in rural areas
- Effectively manage information within interactive intergrated information systems in support of business processes and improved service delivery
- Strenghten institutional capacity to deliver on it’s mandate